Smooth and easy to use, top seller, ideal for up to 4m runabouts & great as a yacht motor. Would suit larger boats as an auxiliary motor.
360 Degree Steering plus F-N-R Shift
Dual Fuel - 2.7L Integral Tank standard or optional remote tank/line at any time.
- Compact and lightweight outboard engines, only 20kgs
- Innovative CDI ignition system for easy starting engines
- Twist grip throttle for easy maneuverability and safety
- Safety lanyard/emergency shut off
- Thermostat controlled water cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Heavy duty aluminum propeller
- Convenient 2.7L integral fuel tank
- Vibration reduction system
- Start in gear protection
- Ultra low emission
- Carrying handle
- Model: T5.8BML
- Overall length mm: 700 (27.6)
- Overall width mm: 343 (13.5)
- Overall height mm: 1141 (44.9)
- Transom height mm: 508 (20.0)
- Weight kg: 21
- Full throttle operating range r/min: 4500-5500
- Maximum output Kw(HP) @r/min: 4.3(5.8)@5000
- Idling speed (Neutral) r/min: 1000~1100
- Engine type: Reed Valve
- Cylinders: 1
- Displacement cm³: 102
- Bore x stroke mm(in.): 55.0x43.0(2.17x1.69)
- Ignition system: CDI
- Control system: Tiller control
- Starting control: Manual start
- Gear positions: Forward-Neutral-Reverse
- Gear ratio: 2.08(27/13)
- Trim and tilt system: Manual tilt
- Fuel Tank capacity L:
- Maximum fuel waste L /h: 3.1
- Engine oil capacity (without oil filter) L:
- Gear oil capacity cm³: 195
- Propeller options* in: 3 - 7.8" X 8.0"
Tips for selecting the right size hp for Portable outboard motors:
5 – 6hp (18-25kg)
This hp range is ideal for a variety of application including small inflatable boats up to 3.5m in length, portable folding boats, larger canoes, 2.5-3.5m dinghies and inflatables. Hulls such as these typically weigh between 22 – 113kg and require a short shaft (15” shaft length). All outboards in this hp range should also be available in 20” long shaft configurations which is ideal for sail boat power and auxiliary kicker motor applications for hulls less than 6m length. Engines in this hp range are typically 1-cylinder, although some 2-cylinders do exist. A heavy person or more than one person in a hull in this hp class can have a dramatic effect on hull performance making plaining difficult. Engines in this hp range feature heavier duty construction and enhanced manoeuvrability features such as forward-neutral-reverse gears. These engines may have integral fuel tanks or separate fuel tanks.
What you can expect:
- Engines in this range will propel most hulls at approx. 16-28kmh with one person and light load
- Excellent choice for gasoline trolling motors, sailboat power, and emergency auxiliary kicker motors
- Engines in this range are lightweight, compact and easily transported
- Most engines in this range feature full foward-neutral-reverse gears
*SHIPPING: NORTH ISLAND DELIVERY ONLY FOR THIS ITEM VIA THE WEBSITE - EXCLUDES RURAL DELIVERY. Shipping to the South Island or any rural address needs to be quoted to your location before ordering and additional shipping will be due. Shipping to main centres and depots is more economical to keep your shipping costs down further. Please call your nearest Smart Marine store to request a shipping 50 40*
Smart VIP Price Promise
Our prices are very Smart at Smart Marine! Our Smart VIP Membership and committment to great deals
makes sure of that, but if you find a lower price, tell us- we will match it!*
Price Promise Terms & Conditions
Excludes limited time specials, clearances, non-stocked products, overseas websites, price
comparison websites and eBay/TradeMe.
Applies to identical products, in stock in NZ with pricing valid at time of price match request,
with evidence supplied.
Excluded Products: clearance, run-out, distress, damaged/soiled, parallel imported, non-stocks,
trade quotes, commercial quantities, credit account holders, insurance claims, services, typos,
overseas websites, price comparison websites, auction websites.
Free product, offers, sales and promotions cannot be redeemed with price matches.
The price match applies to the total cost to buy including shipping, taxes and fees.
Short term finance may not be available with some price matched purchases. Please enquire.