Package price includes switchgear (except foot switch/s).
Low profile, takes 6/7mm short link chain spliced to 12mm three or eight strand rope, sold seperately.
See https://www.maxwellmarine.com/gen_which_winch.php?selection for winch selection guide.
- Model: RC8-6
- Maximum Pull: 350kg/770lbs
- Static Hold: 1200kg/2640lbs
- Chain Short Link: 6/7mm ( 1/4”)
- Rope Size (3 strand or 8 plait): 12mm (1/2”)
- Chain Speed (Normal Working Load): 28m/min (92ft/min)
- Rope Speed (Normal Working Load): 24m/min (79ft/min)
- Power Supply (DC): 12 or 24v
- Motor Power: 600W
- Net Weight DC Low Profile Version: 12.5kg / 27.5lbs
Dual direction solenoid pack, circuit breaker and Up/down remote control toggle switch included.
Maxwell's RC series windlasses proudly follow in the highly successful footsteps of the Freedom, Liberty and HRC fully automatic rope/chain anchor winches. RC10 and RC8 are available in both capstan and low profile versions. RC6 is available in low profile version only. This option listed is for low profile only without capstan.
The combined stainless steel and chromed bronze RC8 Series of automatic rope/chain anchor winches are Maxwell’s mid-range additions to the highly successful RC Series Windlass Range.
Maxwell’s revolutionary new chainwheel:
Maxwell once again leads the market in innovative thinking with the introduction of their latest Wave Design™ chainwheel. This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.
As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope compared to all other products on the market. Not only does this Wave Design™ hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode.
The Wave Design™ Chainwheel is fitted to all RC Series windlasses, designed for anchor rodes with any marine grade chain, G4, BBB, Proof Coil and Metric.
- The all stainless steel RC8-6 fully automatic rope/chain windlass is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 6/7mm (1/4”) chain spliced to 12mm (1/2”) three strand or 8-plait rope.
- The ingeniously designed rope/chain gypsy (chainwheel) is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences within the specified chain size diameters suitable for use with the RC8 Series.
- A sleek, Low Profile version and a MAX-grip™ capstan drum version, with drum made in chromed bronze, are available. (not included)
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass.
- Unique spacer tube design allows installa tion through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- The RC8 features Maxwell’s revolutionary, and patented, new Wave Design™ chainwheel.
- The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm is designed to effectively help grasp the rope/chain splice, giving the RC8 an unparalleled level of performance. In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure.
- The RC8 works just as ef fectively with all-chain rodes
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks utilising only the handle provided and an Allen key
- Manual override and Free Fall, using the emergency crank/clutch handle provided
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel
- 3 year limted warranty
- See the Smart Crew for details
Included as Standard: Emergency crank/clutch release handle, motor & gear box.
Optional Extras: Extra deck clearance, Capstan model, Up/down remote control panel (currently included in special deal), Chain Stopper, Chain Snubber, Auto Anchor Rode Counter, Foot switches, Circuit breaker/isolator panel (circuit breaker currently included in special deal), Dual direction solenoid pack (currently included in special deal).
WINDLASS AND CAPSTAN SELECTION CHART- (see images)
This chart serves as a basic guide to assist in selecting the appropriate anchor winch system for your boat. Please note: Size, displacement and type of vessel, as well as anchoring conditions, must be taken into consideration when selecting an anchor winch. Vessels of heavy displacement and/or high windage will require larger windlasses. All systems assume the use of a chain stopper, chain snubber or mooring cleat to remove the load when setting or breaking the anchor loose. The maximum pulling capacity of the windlass should not be less than three times the total weight of the ground tackle. Should you require any assistance or information, please do not hesitate to contact the Smart Crew.
* All Maxwell windlasses are RODE counter ready with sensor hole drilled and magnet fitted.
*The use of shortlink chain is essential.
*LIGHT DISPLACEMENT - Refers to a vessel which is relatively light in weight compared to its overall length.
*HEAVY DISPLACEMENT - Refers to a vessel which is relatively heavy in weight compared to its overall length.
*The chart refers to anchor windlass selection only. When selecting a stern capstan for the same boat, Maxwell uses one size smaller drive, or down to a minimum of 50% of the pull rating of the windlass ( unless specified otherwise.)
Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper and/or alternative snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.