Altex Yacht & Boat Surfacer Undercoat is designed for use in above water areas only.
It can be used:
- As a surfacing and build coat in the Single Component topsides marine paint system.
- As an adhesion/surfacing coat directly to suitably prepared fibre-glass gel-coat.
- Direct to suitably prepared and sealed timber for cabin interiors.
- As a tie coat and upgrade on existing sound enamel finishes after correct preparation
- Proven performance over many years in all above water applications
- Good long term sandability
- Excellent long term re-coatability with itself
- May be used direct on suitably prepared gel-coat
- Good cure response and sandability make Altex Surfacer Undercoat an excellent surfacing medium to cover minor scratches etc
- Colour: Slightly Off-White
- Thinners; Brush/Roller: Thinning Solvent #45. Spray: Thinning Solvent #53
- Theoretical Coverage Rate: 10.7 sq metres per litre at 50 microns dry
- Recommended Film Thickness Per Coat: 94 microns wet to obtain 50 microns dry
- Application: Spray, brush or roller
- Dry Times (50 µm DFT / 25°C / 50% RH): Touch Dry: 1 Hr. Dry to Sand: Overnight
- Recoat Times (50 µm DFT / 25°C / 50% RH): 6-8 Hr min with self or Regatta® Gloss Enamel. Aged Recoat - maximum 1 week without sanding
For more information, Product Data Sheets and MSDS. Please see https://altexboatpaint.com