316 grade stainless steel, made in new Zealand!
Tenob OU01 25hp Stainless Steel Transom Fit Rise & Fall Bracket:
New Zealand's most popular outboard motor mounting bracket for over 36 years. Superior construction means that it is possible to have a motor mounted on this bracket while towing your boat on the road. No parts to come loose or fall off due to use of pressed stainless steel pivots and shake-proof fasteners.
Made in NZ. Lifetime polished marine grade 3mm stainless steel.
25hp (18kw) maximum standard & 20hp max. long (20-23") shaft models. 58kg max. weight. Applies to both 2 and 4 stroke motors.
Hole centres 152mm vertical x 207mm horizontal (approx.). Bracket size: 350mm (reach) x 280mm (mounting width) x 215mm (mounting height).
Vertical movement (adjustment) 340mm (13.3/8"). In its lowest position the top edge of the timber is 83mm below horizontal.
Timber size: 260 x 190 x 35mm. Varnished hardwood. Hardwood is an ideal material because the outboard motor clamps sink slightly into the surface, thus reducing the risk of the motor slipping off. This cannot be achieved with plastic mounts.
For additional lift assistance refer to "Large Spring Set" code OU03.
Mounting instructions: The bracket is designed to lift the motor clear of the water when not in use.
1. Locate the bracket in the raised position so the motor skeg is clear of the water. Mark the bolt holes in this raised postion.
2. Check that, when the motor is 340mm lower, the propellor is at sufficient depth in the water.
3. Mount as close to the centreline as practicable, without interfering with the main motor, rudder etc.
4. The port (LH) side if often preferable for better weight distribution and ease of operation. The motor weight is offset by the helmsman's weight on the starboard side. The steering tiller is normally on the port side.
5. Use four 3/8" or 10mm stainless steel bolts with eight large diameter (and preferably thick) washers. It may be necessary to reinforce the transom with a backing plate or pads. They can be made from marine plywood or aluminium for example. Mount them on the inside of the transom.
Warning: During installation do not attempt to operate the bracket before it is solidly mounted or the two large springs are temporarily removed. Ignoring this warning could result in serious injury.