Copper Based Ablative Anti-Fouling for boats.
**SHIPPING PRICE IS FOR NORTH ISLAND SHIPPING ONLY, INCLUDING AUCKLAND** Auckland we recommend collection if possible.
SOUTH ISLAND SHIPPING: Please contact the Smart Crew for a shipping quote to your address.
SORRY, THIS ITEM CANNOT BE ORDERED ONLINE TO THE SOUTH ISLAND. The shipping price is for North Island delivery only.
- No.5 Copper Based Ablative Antifouling is recommended:
- Where multi-season effective fouling protection is needed.
- Where regulations ban or restrict the use of organotin compounds.
- On yachts, tenders, dinghies, trailer yachts and power boats.
No.5 Antifouling is:
- Compatible over other copper based anti-foulings, where recommended preparation is achieved
- Not suitable for use on aluminium craft, outboard motors, sail drives or stern legs
- Suitable and recommended for use on primed GRP, steel, timber and ferro-cement craft
- Contains No Organotin Compounds
- Contains high levels of cuprous oxide
- Self polishing/ablative mechanism inhibits the attachment of fouling organisms
- Available in four clean colours
- Organo-tin free
- Suitable for high speed craft - however, ablation rate will increase when subjected to sustained high speed
- Excellent static performance
- Excellent long term performance
Limitations of Use:
Some colour variation between batches may occur, also colours may change during storage. If material from different batches is used, carry out thorough "boxing" to ensure a consistent colour is achieved. Full colour is developed over the first weeks of immersion.
DO NOT APPLY TO ALUMINIUM / ALLOY SURFACE.
- Thinner: Do Not Thin Clean up with E10 Thinner
- Storage: 12 months when stored under cool, dry conditions
- Theoretical Coverage Rate: 6.7 sq metres per litre at 75 microns dry
- Recommended Film Thickness Per Coat: 150 microns wet to obtain 75 microns dry, Two coats recommended
- Application: Spray, brush or roller
- Dry Times (75 µm DFT / 25oC / 50% RH):
- To Recoat - Minimum 4 hours - Maximum Not critical
- To Launch - Minimum 8 hours - Maximum Not critical
**Dangerous goods shipping applies, see the Smart Crew for a quote**
For more information, Product Data Sheets and MSDS. Please see https://altexboatpaint.com