Light weight, powerful 4 stroke- Stylish and very quiet.
AC alternator output leads are included and with the addition of the optional Rectifier Kit (our part no.#8027568) battery charging is available.
Suitable for dinghys, inflatables, yachts and auxiliaries for larger boats. These outboards maybe small in size, but they are big on advanced design ideas, innovative features and big engines performance. Less weight and more compact make this outboard motor easier to carry and transport. High thrust has all the features you are looking for in a tolling or auxiliary power kicker unit.
- Innovative CDI ignition system for easy starting
- Twist grip throttle for easy maneuverability and safety
- Safety lanyard/emergency shutoff
- Thermostat controlled water cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Heavy duty aluminum propeller
- Easy to monitor oil level gauge indicator
- Vibration reduction system
- Start in gear protection
- Shallow water drive
- Ultra low emission, CE and EPA approved
- 12L separate fuel tank and hose
- Model: F9.8 BML
- Overall length mm: 965 (38)
- Overall width mm: 364 (14.3)
- Overall height mm: 1166 (45.9)
- Transom height mm: 508(20.0)
- Weight kg: 39
- Full throttle operating range r/min: 5000-6000
- Maximum output Kw(HP) @r/min: 7.2(9.8)
- Idling speed (Neutral) r/min: 900-1000
- Engine type: OHC
- Cylinders: L2
- Displacement cm³: 209
- Bore x stroke mm(in.): 55.0x44.0(2.17x1.73)
- Ignition system: CDI
- Control system: Tiller control
- Starting control: Manual start
- Gear positions: Forward-Neutral-Reverse
- Gear ratio: 2.08 (27/13)
- Trim and tilt system: Manual tilt
- Fuel Tank capacity L: 12
- Maximum fuel waste L /h: 3.4
- Engine oil capacity (without oil filter) L: 0.8
- Gear oil capacity cm³: 320
- Propeller options* in: 3 - 8.9" X 8.3"
Tips for selecting the right size hp for Portable outboard motors:
8 – 9.8 hp (25-45kg)
Small but mighty outboards that pack a powerful punch. This hp range is quite popular for use with inflatable boats 3m – 4.5m, aluminium boats 3m – 4.5m in length, larger sturdy canoes, larger portable folding boats, and lighter fiberglass boats up to 4.5m. These hulls typically range in weight from 34kg – 136kg and require a 15” short shaft length outboard. Engines in this hp range are also available in 20” long shaft and 25” extra-long shaft length making them ideal choices for sail boats and emergency kicker motors. Engines in this hp range are ideal for sail boats ranging from 5m – 8m. Newer four-stroke outboards in this range are equipped with advanced features such as audible and visual warning indicators for low oil pressure and overheating. Electric start and 12v charging capabilities are usually offered with optional models in this hp range. Most engines in this range feature 2-cylinders for greatly improved planning time and performance, as well as reduced vibration that is typical of 1-cylinder outboards. Outboards in this hp range have separate fuel tanks ranging from 10 litres (common with 4-strokes) to 24 litres (common with 2-strokes).
What you can expect:
- Engines in this range will propel most hulls at approx. 15-28kmh with one to two persons and/or a light to moderate load
- Excellent choice for gasoline trolling motors, sailboat power, and emergency auxiliary kicker motors, especially 25" shaft applications
- 2-cylinder design for improved performance and weight handling, reduced vibration, and smoother operation
- Some engines in this range include advanced features typically found only on larger outboards (electric start, audible/visible warning, etc...)
- Many makes in this range offer electric start w/ 12V battery charging
- Some makes offer lightweight, compact, easily transportable models
*SHIPPING: NORTH ISLAND DELIVERY ONLY FOR THIS ITEM VIA THE WEBSITE - EXCLUDES RURAL DELIVERY. Shipping to the South Island or any rural address needs to be quoted to your location before ordering and additional shipping will be due. Shipping to main centres and depots is more economical to keep your shipping costs down further. Please call your nearest Smart Marine store to request a shipping quote: 0800 80 50 40*
Smart VIP Price Promise
Our prices are very Smart at Smart Marine! Our Smart VIP Membership and committment to great deals
makes sure of that, but if you find a lower price, tell us- we will match it!*
Price Promise Terms & Conditions
Excludes limited time specials, clearances, non-stocked products, overseas websites, price
comparison websites and eBay/TradeMe.
Applies to identical products, in stock in NZ with pricing valid at time of price match request,
with evidence supplied.
Excluded Products: clearance, run-out, distress, damaged/soiled, parallel imported, non-stocks,
trade quotes, commercial quantities, credit account holders, insurance claims, services, typos,
overseas websites, price comparison websites, auction websites.
Free product, offers, sales and promotions cannot be redeemed with price matches.
The price match applies to the total cost to buy including shipping, taxes and fees.
Short term finance may not be available with some price matched purchases. Please enquire.