Specially sourced and dyed natural wool works extremely well in a variety of conditions. Having researched dozens of wool types and synthetics, this particular wool has been specially selected because of it's wiry, water-shedding properties that allow a perfect float cast after cast. Our ultimate wool material provides a “no-spook” landing and presentation. It fills the indicator sleeve perfectly and can be trimmed to the size you want.
To the attentive fisherman – it provides the ultimate solution for a perfect presentation to difficult fish. Even the most “educated” trout will not spook with this indicator material - especially when the indicator is trimmed to suit the conditions. On spring creeks, tail waters and flat water when casting to working fish we sometimes trim the indicator down to a size 16 dry fly (sometimes even smaller!) - talk about a stealthy presentation! With the sensitivity these wool indicators provide, you will see strikes more quickly and more often.
This wool has natural lanolin, however, go ahead and add a dab of floatant on it at the beginning of the day. The indicator will float all day and casts beautifully – with almost no wind resistance!
- Pleasure to Cast Light and Natural - Casts like a dry fly
- Floats High - Easy to see - Floats like a cork with a bit of fly floatant
- Lands Gently - Doesn't spook fish
- Very Sensitive to Strikes - Many takes are currently undetectable with hard plastic type indicator
- Trim to Exact Size Required - Wool Indicator will float two size 14 tungsten bead head nymphs or trim small and stealthy
- Bristly Holds its shape - sheep bred to produce wool with these properties
- Stealthy White - Fish don't notice this color
- Hi Vis Orange - Easy to see in turbulent water
- Black - For those days when there's glare and the water surface turns silver/gray - amazing how well Black works in these conditions
- Bright Florescent Green - Very Bright - Easily seen in rough waters - also good to mix with other colors to make high visibility multicolored indicators
- Mixed Colors - Has all colors - White, Black, Green and Orange
- 100% Natural New Zealand Wool - Our wool is from New Zealand and is a 100% natural fiber that has the perfect properties for a strike indicator - We have over 100 million sheep here so - "Use all you want, We will grow more!
Smart VIP Price Promise
Our prices are very Smart at Smart Marine! Our Smart VIP Membership and committment to great deals
makes sure of that, but if you find a lower price, tell us- we will match it!*
Price Promise Terms & Conditions
Excludes limited time specials, clearances, non-stocked products, overseas websites, price
comparison websites and eBay/TradeMe.
Applies to identical products, in stock in NZ with pricing valid at time of price match request,
with evidence supplied.
Excluded Products: clearance, run-out, distress, damaged/soiled, parallel imported, non-stocks,
trade quotes, commercial quantities, credit account holders, insurance claims, services, typos,
overseas websites, price comparison websites, auction websites.
Free product, offers, sales and promotions cannot be redeemed with price matches.
The price match applies to the total cost to buy including shipping, taxes and fees.
Short term finance may not be available with some price matched purchases. Please enquire.