Telefex Seastar. Original and still best in class product.
Easy Connect Steering cable, suits most brands of rotary helm steering, cable only, output ends of Stainless Steel.
Easy connection which does not require tools. Output ends made of stainless steel to minimise corrosion. 7/8" tilt tube mount nut. Suits most Teleflex / Morse and copy rotary steering systems from 1968 to present.
Maximum Travel : 230 mm
Minimum bend radius : 8 inch 200mm
Maximum working load at Tiller end : 5000N (500kg)
Cable Outer Diameter : 15 mm
Spiral inner cable Diameter : 8 mm
How To Measure For Replacement Steering Cable Using Old Cable (Rotary Steering):
1) Measure length of the conduit cable knurl to nut of existing cable if length or code is not on old cable.
2) Add 45cm to this length = Length of Cable. Cable lengths come in ft (25cm) increments.
How to measure for new Steering Cable Installation:
1) Measure from steering wheel centre to maximum starboard beam (outside) = Dimension A
2) Measure from steering helm base to stern (outside) = Dimension B
3) Measure from starboard corner (outside) to centreline of boat = Dimension C
For Cable installations through the engine tilt tube (std) add 15cm . (A+B+C+15cms = Cable Length)
For Cable installations with splashwell, transom or stringer kits minus 15cms. (A+B+C-15cms = Cable Length)
* Note in this formula for ease of measuring outside measurements are requested.
Note :It is advised to consult a qualified technician while selecting, installing or servicing the Steering System on your boat.
Smart VIP Price Promise
Our prices are very Smart at Smart Marine! Our Smart VIP Membership and committment to great deals
makes sure of that, but if you find a lower price, tell us- we will match it!*
Price Promise Terms & Conditions
Excludes limited time specials, clearances, non-stocked products, overseas websites, price
comparison websites and eBay/TradeMe.
Applies to identical products, in stock in NZ with pricing valid at time of price match request,
with evidence supplied.
Excluded Products: clearance, run-out, distress, damaged/soiled, parallel imported, non-stocks,
trade quotes, commercial quantities, credit account holders, insurance claims, services, typos,
overseas websites, price comparison websites, auction websites.
Free product, offers, sales and promotions cannot be redeemed with price matches.
The price match applies to the total cost to buy including shipping, taxes and fees.
Short term finance may not be available with some price matched purchases. Please enquire.