Maximum line pull or lift 386kg (850lb), comes with footswitch, fastenings template and instruction sfor quick easy fitting.
An extremely versatile vertical capstan or general purpose electric winch for use as an anchor winch, pot hauler or davit winch.
- Maximum Line Pull/Lift: 386kg (850lbs)
- Speed @ nominal working load: 24m/min (80amps with 100kg/220lb load) (76’ per min)
- Voltage: 12V
- Power: 500W
- Weight: 8kg (17.6lbs)
- Maximum Boat LOA: 10m (33’)
- Maximum Boat Weight: 4 tonnes
- Optional Extras: Circuit breaker/ isolator 80 amps, optional toggle switch
- The ANCHORMAX™ has an extremely high power to weight ratio.
- The compact, fully sealed gearbox is driven by a vertically mounted, permanent magnet motor.
- Intrusion below decks is minimised making the design ideal for boats from 5m (16ft) to 10m (32ft).
- Fitting to the boat is simplicity itself as no dismantling of the winch is required.
- The ANCHORMAX™ gear housings are marine-grade alloy and the drum is stainless steel. It is supplied as a single direction (clockwise) unit, complete with deck foot switch, fastenings, template and fitting instructions.
The ANCHORMAX™ is not recommended for use to haul halyards
The ANCHORMAX™ is not recommended for use to haul chain
WINDLASS AND CAPSTAN SELECTION CHART- (see images)
This chart serves as a basic guide to assist in selecting the appropriate anchor winch system for your boat. Please note: Size, displacement and type of vessel, as well as anchoring conditions, must be taken into consideration when selecting an anchor winch. Vessels of heavy displacement and/or high windage will require larger windlasses. All systems assume the use of a chain stopper, chain snubber or mooring cleat to remove the load when setting or breaking the anchor loose. The maximum pulling capacity of the windlass should not be less than three times the total weight of the ground tackle. Should you require any assistance or information, please do not hesitate to contact the Smart Crew.
* All Maxwell windlasses are RODE counter ready with sensor hole drilled and magnet fitted.
*The use of shortlink chain is essential.
*LIGHT DISPLACEMENT - Refers to a vessel which is relatively light in weight compared to its overall length.
*HEAVY DISPLACEMENT - Refers to a vessel which is relatively heavy in weight compared to its overall length.
*The chart refers to anchor windlass selection only. When selecting a stern capstan for the same boat, Maxwell uses one size smaller drive, or down to a minimum of 50% of the pull rating of the windlass ( unless specified otherwise.)
Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper and/or alternative snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
See the Smart Crew for more details.