Altex Yacht & Boat MultiPurpose Primer is a versatile single pack primer designed for use on many different substrates, both above and below the waterline.
It may be used with confidence :
- As a water resistant economical primer over suitably prepared steel, lead, wood and GRP.
- As both an above and below the waterline primer.
- As a versatile primer for all single component systems
- To seal single pack putties
Altex MultiPurpose Primer may be overcoated with:
- Altex No.5 antifoulings
- Pettit Vivid® Antifouling
- Altex Surfacer Undercoat
- Altex Regatta® Gloss Enamel
- Versatile single component primer for most substrates above and below the waterline
- Rapid dry time
- Unique resin and pigment blend provides unparalleled protection to suitably prepared steel, wood and GRP, as well as sanded aged coatings
- Provides a “stand alone”, multi-coat underwater protective system requiring only anti-fouling to complete the job
- Suitable for all areas of hull on trailer and moored vessels
- Colour: Light Grey
- Thinner: Spray: Altex Thinning Solvent #53
- Brushing: Altex Thinning Solvent #45
- Theoretical Coverage Rate: 9.7 sq metres per litre at 50 microns dry
- Recommended Film Thickness Per Coat: 103 microns wet to obtain 50 microns dry
- Dry Times (50 µm DFT / 25°C / 50% RH): Touch Dry: 1½ Hours. Hard Dry: Overnight
- Recoat Times (50 µm DFT / 25°C / 50% RH): 6-8 Hours min with self or Altex Surfacer Undercoat. 12 Hours minimum with Altex No.5 & Pettit Vivid® Antifouling. Up to 30 days lightly sanded with non lubricated sandpaper for most alkyd products. In excess of 30 days, thoroughly sanded with non lubricated sandpaper.
For more information, Product Data Sheets and MSDS. Please see https://altexboatpaint.com