Primocon is a fast drying, one-part primer for use below the water line before antifouling is applied. Formulated for timber, steel, aluminium, cast iron keels and lead keels.
**SHIPPING PRICE IS FOR NORTH ISLAND SHIPPING ONLY, INCLUDING AUCKLAND** Auckland we recommend collection if possible.
SOUTH ISLAND SHIPPING: Please contact the Smart Crew for a shipping quote to your address.
SORRY, THIS ITEM CANNOT BE ORDERED ONLINE TO THE SOUTH ISLAND. The shipping price is for North Island delivery only.
- An aluminium pigmented, vinyl anti-corrosive primer than can be recoated with itself after long periods
- Quick drying even in poor conditions
- Can be applied by brush, roller or spray
- Products Theoretical Coverage: ~ 7.4 m²/lt using applications tools such as brush or roller
- Actual Coverage For This Sized Product: 29.60 mt²
- Area: Below the Waterline
- Finish/sheen: Low Gloss
- Colour: Grey
- Size: 4 Litre
- Substrates: Aluminium, Zinc-Galvanised Steel, Epoxy Composite, Carbon Fibre, GRP / FRP, Lead, Steel, Wood
- Application Tools: Brush, Roller
Preperation and Application Conditions:
- Ensure you are in a safe working enviroment with proper ventillation and safety/protective gear on your persons
- Apply only on a dry and clean surface with a temperature above the dew point to avoid condensation
- The film formation may be adversely affected by light rain, high humidity and/or condensation during application
- In confined spaces provide adequate ventilation during application and drying
- In Good Condition Remove all loose material, fouling deposits and any leached layer. Rinse with fresh water and
allow to dry.
In Poor Condition Remove back to sound primers using either suitable chemical strippers or mechanical methods.
Caution: NEVER dry sand antifoulings.
- Any following application methods will depend on what substrate Primocon is applied to - Refer to the Product Data Sheet linked below for exact application methods
Touch Dry - Time/Temp:
1 hrs - 35°C (95°F)
1 hrs - 23°C (73°F)
1 hrs - 15°C (59°F)
1.5 hrs - 5°C (41°F)
The product data provided above is intended as a general overview to aid product selection and as such represents typical values.
For more specific application guidance and/or safety related information and procedures, please refer to the product datasheets provided:
Product data sheet:
Safety data sheet: