Simrad HALO-3 Pulse Compression Radar.
See Near and Far, Simultaneously!
Halo™ radar delivers an unprecedented mix of short and long range performance with its 3-foot open array, from just six metres (20 feet) to as far as 48 nautical miles. Monitor two distance ranges simultaneously in Dual Range mode, and take full advantage of Halo radar to keep an eye on faraway weather cells while monitoring channel markers and high speed watercraft up close. Pulse Compression technology means no compromises in detection at either range. Advanced digital signal processing helps to eliminate sea clutter, while Beam Sharpening technology provides enhanced separation between small or distant targets.
Safety, Weather, and Bird-Finder Radar!
Halo radar delivers a comprehensive range of features to enhance your situational awareness and on-water safety. Monitor selected collision hazards with MARPA target tracking, or automatically highlight all approaching targets with the optional VelocityTrack™ Doppler motion-tracking upgrade. Keep watch on distant storm cells in Weather mode, your own real-time meteorological service. Halo radar also works as a powerful bird-finder, a must-have tool for sportfishing enthusiasts and pro anglers. Halo radar’s smart Weather and Bird modes require no manual tuning, just set the mode and go.
Ready in an Instant!
Collision hazards won’t wait for your radar to start up – why should you? Halo radar’s solid-state technology is ready instantly from standby, and in just 16-25 seconds from a cold start. Avoid the 2-3 minute warm-up time associated with traditional pulse radar and trust Halo Radar to produce an immediate, accurate radar image when you need it. Halo radar’s low-power pulsed transmissions make it safe to run in anchorages and marinas, providing additional coverage in these high-collision-risk environments. Fast 48 RPM operation provides frequent position updates, while an advanced brushless motor and helical geartrain ensure quiet operation.
- True 48nm range with 3-foot open array antenna
- Beam Sharpening for enhanced target separation
- Simultaneous Dual Range operation
- Dedicated Harbour, Offshore, Weather, and Bird modes
- High-speed 48 RPM operation for rapid updates
- Ready instantly from standby, and in 16-25 seconds from power-on
- MARPA target tracking (up to 10 targets, 20 in dual range)
- Optional VelocityTrack™ Doppler upgrade for collision avoidance
- Dimensions Diameter: 1141 mm (3.5 ft)
- Supply Voltage: 12 V Systems 10.8 - 15 V DC24 V Systems 20 - 31.2 V DC
- N2K PGNs: 127250 - Vessel Heading, 127251 - Rate of Turn, 129025 - Position, Rapid Update, 129026 - COG & SOG, Rapid Update, 129029 - GNSS Position Data, 130818 - Proprietary Power
- Consumption max: 180 W (peak) at maximum wind velocity
- Warranty Period: 2 Years
- Beam width: 2.4°+/-10% (-3 dB width) – 1.7 deg with Beamsharpening mode ONVertical: 25° +/-20 % (-3 dB width)
- Recommended Fuse Rating: 25 A for 12 V systems or 15 A for 24 V
- Operating Temperature Range: -25°C to +55°C (-13°F - 131°F)
- Dimensions: H x W x D 324 mm x 427 x 339 mm (12.76" x 16.81" x 13.35
- Power Consumption typical: 40 W (average) at zero wind velocity6.5 W (average) for Scanner + RI-12 in Standby mode