Teleflex Seastar is the World's no 1 brand in Hydraulic Steering!
Seastar front mount steering offers unmatched comfort and control. The worlds most popular outboard hydraulic system offers smooth, super efficient steering for today's high performance hulls with single or multiple outboards. 20% less effort at hard over than competitive brands. Ultra corrosion resistant materials are used throughout.
- 20% less effort at hard-over than competitive systems
- Rigid tilt tube mount for no-compromise performance
- Unique pivoting tiller connection allows full engine articulation with independent tilt and trim on twin engines
- Ultra corrosion resistant construction. Painted components are anodised before coating for extra protection
- Small footprint fits virtually all splashwells
- Meets ABYC standards/NMMA requirements
- SeaStar™ helm pump .
- SeaStar™ PRO Series front mount cylinder to suit engine – refer below.
- 15m 292997 semi-rigid nylon hose.
- 2 x nut and olive kits.
- 2 x 1 litre SeaStar Solutions® oil.
- Plus free oil filler kit.
Basic System Components:
1. The Helm Unit (Pump) - The SeaStar helm pump is an axial piston pump specifically designed for manual steering. It has a built-in lock valve to prevent the steering load from feeding back to the driver. The lock valve will not allow the rudder or drive unit to move until you move it with the steering wheel. The lock valve section of the helm also includes a relief valve. This relief valve provides over-pressure protection for mechanical components and hydraulic hoses and fittings.
2. The Cylinder - The most important differences between the variety of SeaStar steering systems available is the cylinder selection. The SeaStar system has a cylinder for most steering applications.
3. Hoses and Tubes - Required to provide a path for the fluid to flow under pressure from the helm pump to the cylinder.
Pro Hydraulic Cylinder:
Kits now include the Seastar Pro front mount (bullhorn) hydraulic Cylinder and has been specifically designed and manufactured to increase feel and control of high performance outboard powered vessels that have a high level of wear and tear and are used frequently.
Key features of the Pro Cylinder include, heavier duty pivot plate bushes that reduce wear in harsh conditions and longer cylinder rod bushes which create a better seal on the end gland. The cylinder is more rigid due to the addition of the key ways on the support rod and support brackets.
**Please note steering wheel not included.
Note in some retro fit helm applications a back plate kit (our part no. 8021549) or a spacer kit (our part no. 8021516) may be required. In some applications also it requires the pivot plate to be flipped.
Note also in most applications to150hp Baystar kit can also be used (our part no. 291560). Difference being helm displacement (turn ratio) only. Baystar kit 5.5 turn ratio and Seastar kit 4.9 turn ratio.
- 90-150hp 1985 to date: ALL
- 75-250hp 1992 to date: ALL except 115-130hp 2010 to date and BF200-250 which require alternative mount cylinder (see Smart Crew)
- 75-300hp 1991 to date: ALL except 115hp Ficht 2000 to date and 40-140hp 4 stroke 1998 to date require spacer kit (our part no. #8021516 and pivot plate may need to be flipped before install.
- 75-300hp 1984 to date: ALL except 2.4L/2.5L EFI 1984-1994.150-200hp Verado 2004 to date require alternative mount cylinder (see Smart Crew)
- 90-140hp 1990 to date: ALL
- 40-300hp 1986 to date; ALL except 115-140hp 1996; 40-140hp 4 stroke 1998 to date require spacer kit (our part no. #8021516) and may require the pivot plate flipped before install.
- 75-350hp 1997 to date; ALL. 75-140hp 4 stroke 1998 to date; 75-90hp 2 stroke require spacer kit (our part no.#8021516). Some models require the pivot plate to be flipped before install.
Two easy steps to order your Seastar Steering kit:
1. Check helm dimensions: Cutout diameter 67mm; Maximum width of helm 113mm; Dash thickness (max) 45mm; Helm extrusion 149mm (including shaft extension).
- Easily installed to your existing console to create a professional finish.
- Easy front of console filling point for hydraulic oil.
- Simple purging process.
2. Check cylinder dimensions for splashwell fit: 534mm minimum splashwell width, 127mm minimum splashwell tilt clearance from bottom of tilt tube to bottom of splashwell.
Supplied in kit form with all the components required to complete your installation.
(STEERING WHEEL NOT INCLUDED, SOLD SEPARATELY)
3-Yr Warranty Suits most outboards to 350HP. (see applications below) For twin outboards to 300hp each counter rotating or 225hp non counter rotating both with fluid link use our part no. #8029535 which also includes synchronistion valve. For twin outboards with tie bar link see Smart Crew. For single outboards to 150hp see also Baystar kit (our part no.291560).