The SeaStar® Power Assist unit can be installed on new SeaStar® steering installations or as an easy retro-fit to existing systems. Suitable for most boat types, the SeaStar® Power Assist uses an electronically controlled hydraulic pump to provide on-demand power steering.
Designed to be easily installed into the hydraulic steering circuit between the helm and steering cylinder. An additional feature allows the Power Assist to adjust automatically to the input voltage from the boats batteries to either 12V or 24V.
The SeaStar® Power Assist can be used on boats with multiple engines and rudders, multiple steering stations and autopilots. As a built in safety feature the steering system will automatically return to manual operation without any change to the number of lock-to-lock turns if power to the unit is interrupted for any reason.
The SeaStar® Power Assist helps eliminate steering loads and provides high levels of comfort and control making boating more pleasurable. The SeaStar® Power Assist allows the boat to be driven safely and easily even in the most extreme conditions. Also consider the Power assist Pro which delivers up to 1500 psi to suit SeaStar® Pro helms.
• Dramatically reduces steering effort
• Easy to install with universal mount to suit either vertical or horizontal fixing
• Simple addition to an existing SeaStar® steering system (from 1.4 to 2.4 SeaStar® standard and tilt helms)
• For SeaStar® Pro Helms refer to 295067
• OEM or retro-fit
• Returns to manual operation in the event of power failure
• Suitable for use with autopilots and multiple station installations
• 12V or 24V operation with 4.5m wiring harness included
• Ignition protected (SAE J-1171)
• For use only with SeaStar® or SeaStar® Pro hose
• ABYC, CE, NMMA, ISO 10592 approved
• Compatible with power purge systems